SQLSTATE when PostgreSQL crashes during COMMIT statement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Takahashi, Ryohei
Subject SQLSTATE when PostgreSQL crashes during COMMIT statement
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

If application executes COMMIT statement and COMMIT failes because of PostgreSQL crash,
it is unknown whether the transaction is really committed.

Therefore, I think application should check the transaction is really committed after a while when certain SQLSTATE is
returned.
Which SQLSTATE should application check? Or, is there any document which is written about this?

In my observation, ecpg returns '57P02' and libpq returns 'null' when PostgreSQL crashes during COMMIT statement.
Any other SQLSTATE?

Regards,
Ryohei Takahashi