help getting a backtrace from 9.2 on Ubuntu 13.04? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Curvey
Subject help getting a backtrace from 9.2 on Ubuntu 13.04?
Date
Re: help getting a backtrace from 9.2 on Ubuntu 13.04?  (Marcin Mańk <marcin.mank@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I have a production server running PG 8.4 on RHEL6.  I have a development server running PG 9.2 on Ubuntu 13.04.
Periodically,I like to take a dump of the production server and load it on the development machine.

But I'm having troubles with the 9.2 server crashing when I'm restoring the dump.  I'm using the 9.2 version of
pg_dump. I've tried restoring a custom-format dump with pg_restore, and I've tried restoring  a text-format dump with
pqsl,and both of them are crashing on me.

The data is too sensitive for me to submit a database dump to the community, but I'd like to submit a stack trace, in
thehopes that someone might be able to figure out what's going on.  But I'm having some trouble getting this done.

I'm looking at the instructions at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD

Which points me to https://wiki.edubuntu.org/DebuggingProgramCrash

Which tells me to install the “dbg” version of my package, so I have installed postgresql-9.2-dbg

The PG wiki page tells me to download and run list-dbgsym-packages-v2.sh, but the Edubuntu page says that that script
hasbeen supplanted by list-symbols-packages-v2.sh.  Okay, so I run

chris@mu:~/Downloads$ sudo bash list-symbols-packages-v2.sh -p $(pidof -s postgres)

and get

warning: no loadable sections found in added symbol-file system-supplied DSO at 0x7fffcbae5000

any idea where I go from here?

Disclaimer

THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. The information contained in this e-mail is attorney-client privileged and
confidential,intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not
theintended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are here by
notifiedthat any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
receivedthis communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail or by telephone (908) 233-8500.Thank
you..