RE: Timeout parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nagaura, Ryohei
Subject RE: Timeout parameters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Andrei,

First, I inform you that I may not contact for the following period:
From November 1st to November 19th

Second, I noticed my misunderstanding in previous mail.
> > Nevertheless, it is necessary to take into account that the option
> > TCP_USER_TIMEOUT is supported by Linux kernel starting since 2.6.37.
> > In a lower kernel version these changes will not take affect.
> Does it mean how do we support Linux OS whose kernel version is less than
> 2.6.37?
I understand that you pointed out my implementation.
I'll remake patch files when I return.

Finally, I write test method for each parameters here roughly.
You may use iptables command on linux when testing TCP_USER_TIMEOUT.
You may use pg_sleep(seconds) command in postgres.
I'll write the details after my returning.

Continue to discuss the socket_timeout, please.

Best regards,
Ryohei Nagaura