Re: Calling Functions in RULEs - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From KÖPFERL Robert
Subject Re: Calling Functions in RULEs
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I had no try wheter this solves your problem, but have you conciddered using
an array or a self-written fcn which dicards your results
i.E.  SELECT my_discard_but_last( q1(), q2(), q3());
or   SELECT ARRAY[ q1(), q2(), q3() ];
or  SELECT ROW(q1(), q2(), q3()) as my_tripel_type;

Have you considdered CASTs?

These are just ideas