Re: Meaning of ERROR: tuple concurrently updated - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From KÖPFERL Robert
Subject Re: Meaning of ERROR: tuple concurrently updated
Date
List pgsql-sql
|PFERL_Robert?= <robert.koepferl@sonorys.at> writes:
|> Thus I run VACUUM ANALYZE; every night by cron. However I
|keep getting
|> ERROR:  tuple concurrently updated
|
|Have you got other processes also doing VACUUM ANALYZE?  The only known
|reason for this to happen is that two processes concurrently
|ANALYZE the
|same table and conflict when they both try to update the same
|pg_statistic rows.
|
|            regards, tom lane
Tnaks.

No, I can't imagine any other instance that would issue a VACUUM ANALYZE at
the same time.
Could it be some kind of auto statistics which is updated all the time?

Would it be a solution to omit the ANALYZE and just do a VACUUM?