Re: Junk queries with variables? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From KÖPFERL Robert
Subject Re: Junk queries with variables?
Date
List pgsql-sql
PL/pgSQL is not part of template1 = if you create a new database.
Thus you can use for functions just pure SQL or C. To get pgSQL I did that:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() RETURNS language_handler AS
'$libdir/plpgsql', 'plpgsql_call_handler' LANGUAGE 'c' VOLATILE;

CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' HANDLER plpgsql_call_handler;

C:\> -----Original Message-----
C:\> From: Steve - DND [mailto:postgres@digitalnothing.com]
C:\> Sent: Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2005 18:41
C:\> To: KÖPFERL Robert; pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
C:\> Subject: RE: Junk queries with variables?
C:\>
C:\>
C:\> >
C:\> > In pgadmins SQL-window SQL is the 'language' of choice. Or it is
C:\> > rather the
C:\> > only language. Thus if you intend to program plTk or
C:\> PL/pgSQL, there's no
C:\> > way around defining a function.
C:\> >
C:\> > (At first you have to define a new language in your schema)
C:\>
C:\> I'm a little confused, is there no way around this, or are
C:\> you saying I need
C:\> to use CREATE LANGUAGE to define a new language to use?
C:\> Currently the only
C:\> language I have for the DB is plpgsql.
C:\>
C:\> Thanks,
C:\> Steve
C:\>