returning a record from PL/pgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From KÖPFERL Robert
Subject returning a record from PL/pgSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
I just tried hard to return
a single record fromout a plpgsql-function. While the (otherwise excelent)
documentation didn't give me an answer, I found out that this works:
       select into ret false, balance, balance;       return ret;

while ret is a composite type.

This construction however tastes not good to me. Is there a nicer way?

An example for PL/pgSQL which returns not just a scalar but also a composite
type should be added to the documentation. i.e. as second part of the RETURN
statement.