Re: Spurious "apparent wraparound" via SimpleLruTruncate() rounding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: Spurious "apparent wraparound" via SimpleLruTruncate() rounding
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> 10 янв. 2021 г., в 03:15, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> написал(а):
>
> No; it deletes the most recent ~1B and leaves the older segments.  An
> exception is multixact, as described in the commit message and the patch's
> change to a comment in TruncateMultiXact().

Thanks for clarification.
One more thing: retention point at 3/4 of overall space (half of wraparound) seems more or less random to me. Why not
5/8or 9/16?

Can you please send revised patches with fixes?

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.