DROP CONSTRAINT (UNIQUE) preliminary support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject DROP CONSTRAINT (UNIQUE) preliminary support
Date
Re: DROP CONSTRAINT (UNIQUE) preliminary support  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: DROP CONSTRAINT (UNIQUE) preliminary support  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Hi all,

This patch allows ALTER TABLE/DROP CONSTRAINT to drop UNIQUE constraints by
dropping the relevant index.

This is a prelim patch that I need comment on (The @@ comments), and I've
edited some things out by hand, so I don't recommend applying it to anything
just yet.

I have added an IsIndex function to indexcmds.c and a RemoveUniqueConstraint
to heap.c, plus modified command.c's AlterTableDropConstraint function to
call RemoveUniqueConstraint.

Note that I have disabled inheritance support for unique constraints - since
it's impossible to have two indices of the same name anyway...

Comments please.

Chris

Attachment