stopping single-user standby - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Ribe
Subject stopping single-user standby
Date
List pgsql-admin
Oops. I was setting up a clone of a db for testing purposes. Accidentally copied in a recovery.conf. Then ran a script
Ihave which actually does some maintenance by running pg in single-user, but of course the sql commands do not run and
thescript never terminates. So, yeah, I've now got pg in standby mode *and* single user.

- Can't do a normal kill on the server, it doesn't respond to that.
- Can't pg_ctl stop it because that doesn't work on a server running single-user.
- Can't pg_ctl promote it either.

I'm sure I can kill -9 this one, because there's no activity (it cannot even connect to the primary, because it's not
reachablefrom here). But I'm just wondering if there's any more graceful way out of this little fubar. (Version is
9.3.4)

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com