Re: Problems with date configuration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Problems with date configuration
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sep 13, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Fabi Avilés wrote:
> Hi, I had an application in which I used postgres 7.4, and then
> only thing refering to date was:
>
>      datestyle = 'ISO,European'
>
> everything else was commented. Now I have had to change the OS and
> I've installed postgres 8.1.3, but this configuration is different,
> it's something like:
>
>     lc_monetary = 'en_US.UTF-8'
>     lc_numeric = 'en_US.UTF-8'
>     lc_time = 'en_US.UTF-8'
>

> and evrything else is commented, including the line which
> references the datestyle. But in the comment it says #datestyle =
> 'iso, mdy'. Someone can help me to make it works in the same way?

initdb will pick up a number of locale settings from the environment
when it's run. If you want to go back to the behavior you had, you
should be able to just change all the config options to what you want
and restart the database.
--
Jim Nasby                                    jimn@enterprisedb.com