[DOCS] postgres reindexing on partition table - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jashobanta Mahapatra
Subject [DOCS] postgres reindexing on partition table
Date
List pgsql-docs

Hi,

Please help me on this.

We are migrating our application from Oracle to Postgres.

So we have some big tables where partitioning and indexing is implemented we are migrating into postgres.

For postgres we are rebuilding the indexes by running  create concurrently, drop, alter schema  inside a script.

But in case of  partition table  we are facing the problem as we have to know the exact index name and partition name( which may change every month) in order to rebuild index (create concurrently, drop, alter) .

Thanks a lot in advance.

jasho

This e-mail and all material transmitted with it are for the use of the intended recipient(s) ONLY and contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken pursuant to the contents of the present e-mail is strictly prohibited and is unlawful. The recipient acknowledges that Comviva Technologies Limited or its management or directors, are unable to exercise control or ensure the integrity over /of the contents of the information contained in e-mail. Any views expressed herein are those of the individual sender only and no binding nature of the contents shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of Comviva Technologies Limited. E-mail and any contents transmitted with it are prone to viruses and related defects despite all efforts to avoid such by Comviva Technologies Limited.