Re: Could not resolve host name error in psycopg2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Förster
Subject Re: Could not resolve host name error in psycopg2
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

> On 17. Apr, 2020, at 03:00, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
> Huh? Leaving open connections is not considered a good thing. In other words a connection should last for as long as
ittakes to get it's task done and then it should close.

I basically agree on this, but there are two big "but"s:

- recurring monitoring connections flood the logs unless they connect and never disconnect again.

- applications with hundreds or thousands of users may flood the logs, even though a pool may be used. If said pool
doesn'tkeep its connections open most of the time you will notice that the database cluster is very busy logging
connections.

Do you really want that?

Cheers,
Paul