Re: Best practise for upgrade of 24GB+ database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)
Subject Re: Best practise for upgrade of 24GB+ database
Date
Re: Best practise for upgrade of 24GB+ database  (Andreas Hasenack <panlinux@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin

In the past I've used Slony to upgrade much larger database clusters than yours with minimal down time (I'm talking
secondsfor the actual master switch).  You set up a new replica on the new version and then move the master from old to
new. No need to explicitly resync afterwards.

Brad.