FATAL error on launch - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Paul Gobble
Subject FATAL error on launch
Date
List pgsql-novice
I could use some help.

I've just finished installing postgreSQL 7.3.1 on my PowerBook (Os
10.2.3).  Everything appeared to be going fine until I tried to run it.
  Below is what happens when ever I try to start (copied straight from
the terminal)

[TiBox:~] postgres% /Users/postgres/bin/pg_ctl start -D
/Users/postgres/data -o -i -l
postmaster successfully started
[TiBox:~] postgres% FATAL:  invalid value for option 'LC_TIME': 'en_US'

So it seams that "LC_TIME" (local time, I guess) is set incorrectly,
but I can't find any reference to "LC_TIME" anywhere (I also think I've
misplaced the man pages for postgres, I can't get man pages on anything)

Has anyone run across this problem before?  Any advice on correcting
"LC_TIME"

Thanks,
Paul