It is doing my head in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Blyth A J C (Comp)
Subject It is doing my head in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ok all here is an question for you.

I am running pgsql on a linux 5.1 box.

Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor: Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
  type \? for help on slash commands  type \q to quit  type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute queryYou are
currentlyconnected to the database: postgres

postgres=> create table smile (
postgres-> s1 integer,
postgres-> s2 integer );
CREATE
postgres=> insert into smile values ( 1 , 2 );
INSERT 17866 1
postgres=> insert into smile values ( 3 , 4 );
INSERT 17867 1
postgres=> select * from smile
postgres-> ;
s1|s2
--+--1| 23| 4
(2 rows)

postgres=> create function ttt() returns integer
postgres-> as 'select 4 as result'
postgres-> language 'sql' ;
CREATE
postgres=> select * from smile where s2=ttt() ;
s1|s2
--+--3| 4
(1 row)

postgres=> create trigger trg1 after insert on smile for each row
postgres-> execute procedure ttt() ;
ERROR:  CreateTrigger: function ttt () does not exist
postgres=> \q

So my question is - why does the create trigger function fail when the
function does in
fact exist ?

Andrew