Streaming LIBPQ? Sliding Window in LIBPQ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Abraham, Danny
Subject Streaming LIBPQ? Sliding Window in LIBPQ?
Date
List pgsql-general

Is there a way to break the PGresult array to chuncks  Like Oracle?

I mean, without changing the text of given queries,

can we  somehow limit the memory consumption of a client that is using LIBPQ?

 The API is ...

 extern PGresult *PQexec(PGconn *conn, const char *query);

 Is there any "SLiding Window" layer that breaks the PGresult into chuncks?

 Big queries take a lot more memory on the client side compared to other DB  clients.

 Thanks

 Danny

Danny Abraham

BMC Software