Re: Large arrays give long lag on server side before command executes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Helgason
Subject Re: Large arrays give long lag on server side before command executes
Date
List pgsql-general
On 24. sep 2004, at 16:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Helgason <david@uti.is> writes:
>> Any suggestions how I go about finding the bottleneck here? What tools
>> do other people use for profiling on Linux.
>
> Rebuild with profiling enabled (make clean; make PROFILE="-pg
> -DLINUX_PROFILE")
> and then use gprof to produce a report from the trace file that the
> backend drops when it exits.
>
> If that sounds out of your league, send along a self-contained test
> case
> and I'll be glad to take a look.

I can try to make a self-contained test case, but right now there's a
10e6 dependancies, so it would be great if this is enough:

Here's the gmon.out file that was created after a short run of
postgres, and the output of 'gprof /usr/local/postgres/bin/postgres
gmon.out'. The data didn't make much sense to me though.

I'll try to investigate further.

d.
--
David Helgason,