Re: selective export for subsequent import (COPY) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harvey, Allan AC
Subject Re: selective export for subsequent import (COPY)
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris,

> I know about: psql dbname -tc "select * from tableX where whatever" >
> tableX.dat

What about
psql $DATABASEHOST -U $DATABASEUSER -d $DATABASE -q -P footer -A -F , -c "$DETAIL_SQL" >table.csv

To produce a comma separated file of tuples only.
If I'm not mistaken, as happens quite a bit, you can then use COPY to import the csv file.

Allan

The material contained in this email may be confidential, privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended
recipient,use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this document in error,
pleaseadvise the sender and delete the document. Neither OneSteel nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses
containedin this email or any attachments.