Re: Let's Do the CoC Right - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 24 Jan 2016, at 1:48, Regina Obe <lr@pcorp.us> wrote:
> So the point is stop assuming who has experience and who doesn't simply by
> how people look.

+1

To expand on that: Don't let your prejudices get the better of you. Assuming that other people are prejudiced about you
isjust another prejudice.

The people you're communicating with on a mailing list are individuals, not groups, so do not generalise. In most cases
youdo not know enough about them to make such assumptions, and that's assuming they are valid, which they generally are
not(yikes! a generalisation!).

> The irony is that PostgreSQL is so diverse that a Coc leads to nothing but
> huge arguments about what's okay in one culture and not another. We can only
> go by intent and not what was done.  If we can't say that, then a Coc does
> us no good.  I've already violated all Cocs at least 3 times in this whole
> conversation.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

What about this for a CoC?:
1. Do not discuss a CoC.

But, this side-thread has been going on long enough I think. Let's wrap this up, shall we?

Regards,

Alban Hertroys