Re: Re: BUG #13685: Archiving while idle every archive_timeout with wal_level hot_standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Re: BUG #13685: Archiving while idle every archive_timeout with wal_level hot_standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On November 6, 2015 6:21:50 PM GMT+01:00, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>
>wrote:
>> Seems like it'd be doable in ReserveXLogInsertLocation().
>>
>> Whether it's actually worthwhile I'm not all that sure tho.
>
>Why not?

Adds another instruction in one of the hottest spinlock protected sections of PG. Probably won't be significant,
but...

---
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.