Re: mdf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ary Pezo Silvano
Subject Re: mdf
Date
List pgsql-general
hi,

thank you for your comments.

my problem is that the mdf file has been sent to me by email in a zip file.
i extracted the file and it is 8 GB.
i don't know how i should import or open it with postgres.

best,
ary

Från: John R Pierce [pierce@hogranch.com]
Skickat: den 7 mars 2009 01:16
Till: Ary Pezo Silvano
Kopia: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Ämne: Re: [GENERAL] mdf

Ary Pezo Silvano wrote:
> hi,
>
> how can i import a mdf database into postgres?

do you have access to the SQL Server that this MDF file came from?
Install the Postgres client for windows, along with a Postgres ODBC
driver on that server, and use the Data Translation Services in SQL
Server Enterprise to export the data from SQL Server to Postgres (which
can be on a different server, using a postgres network connection, if
you setup everything correctly).

Otherwise, use SQL Server to export the tables seperately as CSV files,
and import them into Postgres.