Re: LOG: unexpected EOF within message length word - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD)
Subject Re: LOG: unexpected EOF within message length word
Date
List pgsql-general
Thx for u'r response

here is the sample code which works fine and prints column
lengths in HP-UX PA machines and breaks in HP-UX IA machines.
I tried tusc (I sent that o/p in previuos mail.
Client opens a socket and starts to write.but after some send receive it
goes to SLEEPING state)

 void FMconnection::insertlargedata()
        {

         const char * command="insert into
rawlog(event_type,event_source,event_rawdata,event_version) values
($1,$2,$3,$4);";
         int nParams = 4;
         const Oid paramTypes[] = {NULL,NULL,17,NULL};
         int  paramFormats[] = {0,0,1,0};
         int resultFormat = 0;
         const int paramLengths[]={100,200,3000000,10};
        char *a = new char[3000000];

         const char* paramValues[]={"cpu.event","cpu",a,"1"};

res1=PQexecParams(conn,command,nParams,paramTypes,paramValues,paramLengt
hs,paramFormats,resultFormat);
         res1=PQexec(conn,"select * from rawlog");
         for(int kk=0;kk<PQntuples(res1);kk++)
         cout<<"the size  of binary data is
"<<PQgetlength(res1,kk,3)<<endl;

         delete a;