Re: Copy quoting - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Copy quoting
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Thanks - I've applied this fix to stable *and* trunk.

> However, it seems wrong to use the export settings for copy
> operations.
> I prefer to use the same settings for copy always, but may sometimes
> need to do one-off changes when it comes to exporting. It
> also requires
> you to export a dummy file if you want to change the quoting options
> used for copy/paste.
>
> Therefore, included is also a second patch which creates new config
> options for quoting/separating when doing copy, accessed from the main
> options screen.

I haven't applied this one for the following reasons:

- It is missing a doc update (don't worry about the screen shot, just
the text).

- The combo box is not wide enough to display 'Strings' in English,
which means it almost certainly will be too small in some other
languages. As a rule of thumb, try to allow 30-50% extra space.

- The 'copy sql from...' option on the options tab now seems too close
to the bottom of the tab. Perhaps the dialogue should be enlarged
slightly?

Cheers, Dave.