Re: Pgadmin-1.2.2 Support request - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Pgadmin-1.2.2 Support request
Date
List pgadmin-support

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Richard Radcliffe
Sent: 02 October 2005 19:42
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Pgadmin-1.2.2 Support request

   I have finally been able to install Pgadmin 1.2.2. When I try to run Pgadmin I get an error that libpq.so.4 cannot be opened or found. I checked the pgsql/lib folder and found that libpq.so.4 does not exist. Instead there is libpq.so.4.0 with a symbolic link libpq.so.4 -> libpq.so.4.0. Any suggestions?

   OS SuSE 9.1
   Pgadmin-1.2.2 built from source

   Rich

Sounds like you need to add the full path to the pg lib directory to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig so that apps will look in there for shared libs. Don't worry about the symlink thing - thats normal.

Regards, Dave