Re: performance hit for replication - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Page
Subject Re: performance hit for replication
Date
List pgsql-performance

If it's possible to upgrade to 8.0 then perhaps you could make use of
PITR and continuously ship log files to your standby machine.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/backup-online.html

I can't help further with this as I've yet to give it a go myself, but
others here may have tried it.

Regards, Dave.