Re: Error adding new column to existing table. - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Error adding new column to existing table.
Date
List pgadmin-support

From: Ted.Taylor@aircanada.ca [mailto:Ted.Taylor@aircanada.ca]
Sent: 17 September 2004 14:52
To: Dave Page; pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [pgadmin-support] Error adding new column to existing table.

Hi Dave,

Hi Ted,

Thank you for your quick response.

Your welcome.

NOW, on the left hand side, I re-right-clicked on the same table name (eg if I wanted to add another new column name).  pgAdmin abruptly closes with no error messages at all (the app exits, no GPF, no Illegal Operation, no BSOD, no nothing).  The expected context menu that normally appears, did not appear.

I can't reproduce that here, however it does sound like it might be the 'find focus' bug that was worked around yesterday.

PS: Would you like me to revert to “Beta 1 Sep 8 2004”, in case I discover more bugs?  Or should I stay on the Sep 16 snapshot for any bug reports.  Note I am not asking about whether the snapshot will corrupt my database; that’s my decision and my responsibility.  My question is solely from the bug-reports-for-pgAdminIII, which version would *you* prefer?

Bug reports should always come from the latest snapshot where possible (you can install and run multiple versions at once BTW - the settings will be shared, but the code is self contained as long as you install in a different directory). I can email you a copy of the build I have if you want to re-test the bug above?

Regards, Dave.