Re: Windows build farm failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Windows build farm failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Windows error codes I guess.

> 2) Printf "%g" with a double high enough for an exponential
> output gives
>    a difference in the exponent. This is due to Windows using three
>    digits while the Unixes use just two, e.g. e+027 instead of e+27.
>
>    This double stuff creates so many headaches that I wonder if we
>    better not test it at all in the regression suite. Comments?
>
> 3) dt_test had to be killed. Judging from the logs it seems
> the program
>    hang in either PGTYPESdate_from_asc() or
> PGTYPEStimestamp_from_asc().
>    Could someone with a Windows/PostgreSQL setup run this test with
>    debugging symbols and tell me where it hangs? It looks like an
>    endless loop to me, but apparently nothing happens on other archs.

Unfortunately I'm one of those people who never, ever managed to get a
useful backtrace out of GDB on Windows. The only person I've heard of
who actually managed to do it enough to document it was Merlin.

> 4) snake even stopped building the regression suite:
>    testing sql/indicators.pgc                     ...
> make[1]: ***   [check] Error 1
>    make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/build-farm/HEAD/pgsql.4896/src/interfaces/ecpg/test'
>    make: *** [check] Error 2
>
>    Was this killed manually too? Or did it stop on its own? I'm
>    surprised there is no output explaning why it stops.

It was killed, but I started with some of the sh.exe's before I saw that
dt_test.exe was running. I've just killed dt_test.exe (and nothing else)
on Snake and Bandicoot, so you should see a new set of results for both.

Regards, Dave.