Re: postmaster.exe vs postgres.exe (was: CVS HEAD busted on Windows?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: postmaster.exe vs postgres.exe (was: CVS HEAD busted on Windows?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

That's not something that Windows Installer does - we'd have to write
some code to do it at the end of the installation, then call it as a
custom action. Actually it'd probably be fairly trivial, but I'm having
a hard time imagining why anyone would be relying on the existence of
postmaster.exe anyway, unless they were packaging their own release in
which case it's their problem anyhoo.

Regards, Dave.