Re: Maintenance DB - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Maintenance DB
Date
List pgadmin-support

Wow, not sure how that got missed. Will fix.

The Maintenance DB is the database that pgAdmin first connects to.
Unlike some DBMSs, all PostgreSQL connections must be made to a
database, you cannot connect and then select a database. This database
is normally 'postgres' in PostgreSQL 8.1+, prior to that, template1 was
generally used.

Regards, Dave.