Re: human validation on post comments - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: human validation on post comments
Date
List pgsql-www

Hi Travis,

> I have been integrating a component that will ask the user to
> enter the word
> in a dynamic image before their comments can be submitted.
>
> I had resumed this work in progress from Gevik.
>
> The current setup is the development site in my sandbox
> http://travis.pgadmin.org
>
> I was looking for feedback, and guidance for the following things:
>

> - is the input validator being invoked on all the spots where
> it should be?
> currently the comments feedback for the documentation, i know about.
> validation is invoked from  /system/page/form.php

Most likely if it's from there. News, events, professional services,
comments & bug reports all seem to be covered.

> - currently the invalid human feedback page is a simple
> validation failed
> message, outside of portal look and feel.

Yes, this needs to be fixed. Also, during my testing I hit the limit for
uncompleted submissions - it gave me the message actually in the image,
but cropped so it couldn't be fully read, but still asked me to enter
the word and hit submit! Can the message be moved out and into a proper
page please?

Also, we could probably do with a couple of extra words above the image
just to clarify why the user must enter the word.

> - the validation script that manipulates dynamic image and
> session table are
> in a top level folder /validation

Yup - as Magnus said these should be under /system somewhere. The URL
exposed to the user (which will be rewritten in the .htaccess file) can
be in the root directory though.

> Then if things are looking ok, what and how is the process
> for integrating the
> enhancements back to the site.

First off, resolve mine and any other issues raised (unless they result
in any discussion/objections, in which case wait for the outcome of that
first). Secondly, cvs update your code and merge with the current.
Magnus committed a bunch of changes over the weekend so you'll need to
make sure everything lives happily together. Then, post a patch in diff
-c format for review.

Cheers, Dave.