Re: pg_restore cannot restore an index - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jie Liang
Subject Re: pg_restore cannot restore an index
Date
List pgsql-sql
Sorry, it because I have another index with same indexname because pg_restore index fail.

Thanks.

Jie Liang

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Momjian [mailto:pgman@candle.pha.pa.us]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 10:07 AM
To: Jie Liang
Cc: Tom Lane; pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [SQL] pg_restore cannot restore an index

Yes, I remember this. The code in 7.3 looks OK to me.  Can you show me a
command line that fails for you?

I just tried:
$ pg_restore -I x asdfpg_restore: [archiver] could not open input file: No such file or directory

so it looks like -I is working.

Jie Liang wrote:
> Last July, I pointed out this problem when I use v7.2.1, I got the answer that will be resolved in v7.3, however, I
amusing v7.3.1, pg_restore.c seems have no change in this section. So it still doesn't work.

> Jie Liang
>

> Jie Liang wrote:
> > I read the pg_restore.c source code, I found:
> > #ifdef HAVE_GETOPT_LONG
> >         struct option cmdopts[] = {
> >                 {"clean", 0, NULL, 'c'},
> >                 {"create", 0, NULL, 'C'},
> >                 {"data-only", 0, NULL, 'a'},
> >                 {"dbname", 1, NULL, 'd'},
> >                 {"file", 1, NULL, 'f'},
> >                 {"format", 1, NULL, 'F'},
> >                 {"function", 1, NULL, 'P'},
> >                 {"host", 1, NULL, 'h'},
> >                 {"ignore-version", 0, NULL, 'i'},
> >                 {"index", 1, NULL, 'I'},
> > So, -i may be mapped wrong, however, -I is illegal option.
> >
> > Thanks!

Pennsylvania19073