Re: Types and SRF's - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry LeVan
Subject Re: Types and SRF's
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you for the response Pierre,

select category, sum(amount) as sum_amount, extract (month from date)
as month
    from all_accounts where (extract(year from date)=2003)
    group by category,month order by category,month

is certainly much faster than what I am doing but as you pointed out,
I want the table to have a column for each month ( and a grand total
as the last column).

I have not used arrays and aggregates, I will take a look....

Jerry