Re: NC Triangle PUG - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: NC Triangle PUG
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Andrew,

On Sep 20, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> During some discussions at Postrgres Open this week, a number of us thought it would be a good idea to start (or is
itrevive) a PUG for the NC Triangle (that's the Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill area for those of you who don't live
here:-) ). I understand that the first thing to kick this off is a note to the advocacy mailing list, which is what I'm
doinghere. If we get enough momentum, monthly meetings with a speaker and refreshments would be a great goal. A longer
termgoal might be a conference day - I don't think there is one held in the whole of the SouthEast.

> If people want to discuss, I'm currently sitting on an irc channel called #trianglepug on Freenode. Offers of
resourceswill be gratefully received, I'm sure.

Glad to see the kickoff!  I would recommend starting a Meetup group on meetup.com to help organize the monthly events.
Doyou already have a mailing list or do you need one created?  The two avenues people are using are either using the
oneMeetup provides or having someone on the pg_infra team set one up.  Once you have a mailing list, I can add the NC
Trianglepug to our community list.

Thanks,

Jonathan