Re: multi terabyte fulltext searching - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Arai
Subject Re: multi terabyte fulltext searching
Date
Re: multi terabyte fulltext searching  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Oleg,

I am currently using GIST indexes because I receive about 10GB of new
data a week (then again I am not deleting any information).  The do
not expect to be able to stop receiving text for about 5 years, so
the data is not going to become static any time soon.  The reason I
am concerned with performance is that I am providing a search system
for several newspapers since essentially the beginning of time.  Many
bibliographer etc would like to use this utility but if each search
takes too long I am not going to be able to support many concurrent
users.

Benjamin