Re: ALTER INDEX .. RENAME allows to rename tables/views as well - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bossart, Nathan
Subject Re: ALTER INDEX .. RENAME allows to rename tables/views as well
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/19/21, 1:36 PM, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I was about to push this when it occurred to me that it seems a bit
> pointless to release AEL in order to retry with the lighter lock; once
> we have AEL, let's just keep it and proceed.  So how about the attached?

I did consider this, but I figured it might be better to keep the lock
level consistent for a given object type no matter what the statement
type is.  I don't have a strong opinion about this, though.

> I'm now thinking that this is to back-patch all the way to 12.

+1.  The patch LGTM.  I like the test additions to check the lock
level.

Nathan