Re: TEXT columns should indentify as java.sql.Types.CLOB - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Toni Helenius
Subject Re: TEXT columns should indentify as java.sql.Types.CLOB
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Here is the best I can do, I'm sure you'll manage to fill in the holes:

private static final String DRIVER = "org.postgresql.Driver";
private static final String URL = "jdbc:postgresql://localhost/testdb";
private static final String USERNAME = "root";
private static final String PASSWORD = "";

Class.forName("DRIVER");
Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection(URL, USERNAME, PASSWORD);
DatabaseMetaData  metaFrom = connection.getMetaData();
// Get the columns
ResultSet cols = metaFrom.getColumns(null, YOUR_SCHEMA_HERE, YOUR_TABLE_NAME_HERE, null);

// Get column info
while (cols.next()) {
    println("Column name: " + cols.getString("COLUMN_NAME"));
    short type = cols.getShort("DATA_TYPE"));

    if (java.sql.Types.BOOLEAN == type) {
        println("A boolean");
    }
    else {
        println("Not a boolean! (" + type + ")");
    }
    println("Postgre calls this: " + cols.getString("TYPE_NAME"));
    }