Re: procpid? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: procpid?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On 16. Juni 2011 15:33:35 +0000 Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

> No, this is clearly connections, not sessions. At least based on the items
> in the postgresql.conf file, especially max_connections (probably one of the
> items most closely associated with pg_stat_activity)

Well, but it doesn't show database connection(s) only, it also shows what
actions are currently performed through the various connections on the
databases and state information about them. I'm not a native english speaker,
but i have the feeling that "sessions" is better suited for this kind of
interactive monitoring. I believe Oracle also has a v$session view to query
various information about what's going on.

--
Thanks
Bernd