Getting the command line to work - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Paul Jordan
Subject Getting the command line to work
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi. Perhaps this isn't the proper place to send this, but it's the only
address I have. I've installed postgres and I'm trying to use the
command prompt to create a database (PGAdmin III having failed miserably
at the task). The documentation I'm working with, created by people I
trust know what they're doing, says that I should enter the following:
=20
"createdb qf_local -U postgres -W -h localhost"
=20
But when I do that, it tells me that there are too many command line
arguments and it fails.
=20
What am I doing wrong? I've never worked with DOS before, so my error
might even be blindingly obvious, but I have no idea what it is. Any
help you could give me in getting postgres to do what it's supposed to
do would be marvelous.
=20
Many thanks,
=20