Re: who maintain PostgreSQL article on Wikipedia ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: who maintain PostgreSQL article on Wikipedia ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 27 Apr 2016, at 07:33, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, the question is the subject. I see some problem with content, for example, somebody named Viam Ferream wrote
>
> PostgreSQL includes built-in support for regular [[B-tree]] and [[Hash table|hash]] indexes, and two types of
[[invertedindex]]es: generalized search trees ([[GiST]]),generalized inverted indexes (GIN) and Space-Partitioned GiST
(SP-GiST).<refname="SP-GiST" />

> which is not correct, since there are three indexed access methods (that time BRIN was not committed). I changed that
text,but Viam Ferream reverted my change. I edited again and added BRIN, but next time that guy will revert my changes.
So,what we could do to protect our page on Wikipedia ?

When the guy reverts your changes, is there some kind of comment/history type
thing to indicate why he's doing so?

Hopefully it's something simple like them just wanting references added to
support the change, and not something sinister like a competing project/org
trying to undermine things.

If the Viam Ferream person continues to be unreasonable, and there's no way
to communicate with them, it'll probably need taking up through the Wikipedia
Mediation process.  That seems to be documented here:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Mediation

Does that help? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift