Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 04/27/2016 07:36 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 04/27/2016 07:10 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>>> How about, reasons why?
>>>
>>> I have provided reasons why I think we should do this, all that is
>>> provided above is disagreement without reason. That isn't useful.
>>
>> Reasons:
>
> Thank you Adrian.
>
> I don't agree with your reasons. I think they are limited in vision and
> scope of what is possible if we build strong and active relationships
> with related communities.

You are conflating two concepts, building a community and making a Beta
announcement. The first is a long term, wide spread project. The second
is a point in time notification of an event. Dragging in data extraneous
to that event only muddies what the notification is about.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com