Re: Problems with pgsql 8.0.4 & freebsd 6: partially solved - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: Problems with pgsql 8.0.4 & freebsd 6: partially solved
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 24, 2006, at 7:47 AM, Vittorio wrote:

> Yesterday, I upgraded freebsd from 5.4 to 6 via
> the CD (the iso was downloaded from ftp.freebsd.org).

I've done this many times with no problems.

However.....

You serve yourself very well by recompiling all your ports or
reinstalling the packages to be the ones built against 6.0.  This is
especially necessary for libraries and programs that link against
those libraries and those programs that dynamically load extensions
(such as postgres).  Otherwise you're forcing two copies of libc to
load at the same time in some cases and that causes no end of confusion.

Attachment