Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steven Schlansker
Subject Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Apr 16, 2014, at 4:27 PM, Susan Cassidy <susan.cassidy@decisionsciencescorp.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to let a transaction "see" the inserts that were done earlier in the transaction?  I want to insert
arow, then later use it within the same transaction.

> If not, I will have to commit after each insert, and I don't want to do that until add the rows are added, if I can
possiblyavoid it.

Did you try it?  This is already how it works, unless I misunderstand your question…

postgres=# create temporary table foo (i integer primary key);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# begin;
BEGIN
postgres=# insert into foo values(1);