ODBC Driver exposes tables and views that a user does not have permission to access. - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Harris, Richard
Subject ODBC Driver exposes tables and views that a user does not have permission to access.
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

PostgreSQL server 7.4.2
psqlODBC driver: 7.03.02.00

I created a database user in a postgresql cluster. I granted that user
SELECT permission to a few views. I created a DSN for that user to
connect to postgreSQL from a Windows PC. When I use the DSN in MS Access
to link to the views, the Link Tables list includes many tables and
views that the user has no permission to access. Is this a defect in the
ODBC driver? Is there a work around for this?

Thanks,
Rich Harris