Re: Dump schema without the functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Schwarzer
Subject Re: Dump schema without the functions
Date
List pgsql-general

>>> There's no built-in single command for that.  You can accomplish
>>> it by
>>> using pg_restore -l to make a list of objects, then edit the list,
>>> then pg_restore -L to restore only the objects in the edited list.
>> Hmmm.. I probably should have mentioned that it's not a "normal"
>> dump, but one including imported shapefiles. So my dump comes from
>> this:
>>    pg_dump -Fc ...
>> and - sorry, myself not being an expert - it seems to me that this
>> file is not editable anymore.
>
> No, but if you run pg_restore -l <my_dump_file> that will output a
> list of objects that IS editable. Then pg_restore -L ... will only
> restore the items in that list.

Ah, ok. Right, I can see that.

But I don't really get how the final command will look like.

pg_restore -L <file_without_FUNCTIONS> -d <my_database>

But somewhere I have to indicate the original file, no? I mean, where
do all my data now come from? The original dump contains all data; the
newly created via

    pg_restore -l geodataportal.public  | grep -v FUNCTION >
pgdump.geodataportal.public.no-func

has only the TOC. But no data...

Thanks for any advice.

Stef