not possible to create a database - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From vincent.richomme@ratp.fr
Subject not possible to create a database
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I have recently installed the PostGreSQl 8.0.1 on windows XP to migrate from MySQL.

With my old application before to store data in the base I check it exists and so I do the following :

m_strConn.Format("DRIVER={PostgreSQL};\

                  SERVER=127.0.0.1;\

                  PORT=5432;\

                  UID=root;\

                  PWD=123456");

// Try to open default database (dbBornes)

bRet = m_pDb.Open( m_strConn + _T( ";Database=dbBornes" ) );

//Database doesn’t exist so create it

if ( !bRet){

bRet = m_pDb.Open(m_strConn);if (!bRet) goto lblExitOnErr;   ß--------------- ERROR 80040e4e

      bRet = m_pDb.Execute( _T("CREATE DATABASE dbBornes;") );if (!bRet) goto lblExitOnErr;

}

This code works fine with MySQL and ACCESS but failed with PostGreSQL.

When

Any suggestions?