Re: Where I can find "SSL specification"? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raimon Fernandez
Subject Re: Where I can find "SSL specification"?
Date
Re: Where I can find "SSL specification"?  (Raimon Fernandez <coder@montx.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 05/11/2009, at 14:22, John DeSoi wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2009, at 2:48 AM, Raimon Fernandez wrote:
>
>> I'm doing this as an experiment/hobby, the comunication using TCP/
>> IP is really fast, I'm accessing servers that are far away and the
>> speed is really great, I have asynchronous comunication, I can show
>> rows as they are coming, I don't have to wait before all of them
>> are here, it's multi-plattform, my code works on OS X, OS 9,
>> Windows, Linux, and I don't know almost nothing about C, linking C
>> libraries, etc. etc.
>
> A much easier secure option is to just tunnel your connection over
> SSH.
>
> http://pgedit.com/tip/postgresql/ssh_tunneling

Yes, this is the 'easy way', but it depends if the user has installed
SSH or not, so it's another dependency. On OS X and Linux no problem,
on windows, mmmmm ......

The tool that I'm using has builtin SSL Sockets, so I'm trying to
implement it, I'll see ...

:-)

Now I'm busy with Authentication, I used a trusted user/connection for
an easier startup but now I want to test a real user with psw ...
Maybe a new message to the list in a short time ...

:-)

regards and thanks!

raimon