pgsql: Unify two isLogSwitch tests in XLogInsertRecord. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject pgsql: Unify two isLogSwitch tests in XLogInsertRecord.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Unify two isLogSwitch tests in XLogInsertRecord.

An upcoming patch wants to introduce an additional special case in
this function. To keep that as cheap as possible, minimize the amount
of branching that we do based on whether this is an XLOG_SWITCH
record.

Additionally, and also in the interest of keeping the overhead of
special-case code paths as low as possible, apply likely() to the
non-XLOG_SWITCH case, since only a very tiny fraction of WAL records
will be XLOG_SWITCH records.

Patch by me, reviewed by Dilip Kumar, Amit Kapila, Andres Freund,
and Michael Paquier.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoYy-Vc6G9QKcAKNksCa29cv__czr+N9X_QCxEfQVpp_8w@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------