pgsql: Fill EState.es_rteperminfos more systematically. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fill EState.es_rteperminfos more systematically.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fill EState.es_rteperminfos more systematically.

While testing a fix for bug #17823, I discovered that EvalPlanQualStart
failed to copy es_rteperminfos from the parent EState, resulting in
failure if anything in EPQ execution wanted to consult that information.

This led me to conclude that commit a61b1f748 had been too haphazard
about where to fill es_rteperminfos, and that we need to be sure that
that happens exactly where es_range_table gets filled.  So I changed the
signature of ExecInitRangeTable to help ensure that this new requirement
doesn't get missed.  (Indeed, pgoutput.c was also failing to fill it.
Maybe we don't ever need it there, but I wouldn't bet on that.)

No test case yet; one will arrive with the fix for #17823.
But that needs to be back-patched, while this fix is HEAD-only.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/17823-b64909cf7d63de84@postgresql.org

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b803b7d132e3505ab77c29acf91f3d1caa298f95

Modified Files
src/backend/commands/copyfrom.c             | 8 +-------
src/backend/executor/execMain.c             | 8 ++++----
src/backend/executor/execUtils.c            | 6 +++++-
src/backend/replication/logical/worker.c    | 6 ++++--
src/backend/replication/pgoutput/pgoutput.c | 7 ++++++-
src/include/executor/executor.h             | 2 +-