pgsql: Avoid failure when altering state of partitioned foreign-key tri - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Avoid failure when altering state of partitioned foreign-key tri
Date
List pgsql-committers
Avoid failure when altering state of partitioned foreign-key triggers.

Beginning in v15, if you apply ALTER TABLE ENABLE/DISABLE TRIGGER to
a partitioned table, it also affects the partitions' cloned versions
of the affected trigger(s).  The initial implementation of this
located the clones by name, but that fails on foreign-key triggers
which have names incorporating their own OIDs.  We can fix that, and
also make the behavior more bulletproof in the face of user-initiated
trigger renames, by identifying the cloned triggers by tgparentid.

Following the lead of earlier commits in this area, I took care not
to break ABI in the v15 branch, even though I rather doubt there
are any external callers of EnableDisableTrigger.

While here, update the documentation, which was not touched when
the semantics were changed.

Per bug #17817 from Alan Hodgson.  Back-patch to v15; older versions
do not have this behavior.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/17817-31dfb7c2100d9f3d@postgresql.org

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6949b921d545809a83f8a6bad4948f9012a76fb6

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_table.sgml      | 23 ++++++++++++++++-------
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c       |  3 ++-
src/backend/commands/trigger.c         | 11 ++++++++---
src/include/commands/trigger.h         |  2 +-
src/test/regress/expected/triggers.out | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/triggers.sql      | 15 +++++++++++++++